Thursday, April 09, 2009

An Anonymous Acolyte and Mister Remmy

I received the following comment the other day regarding my "Bubba'd-up" Mossy:

Anonymous said...

Inspirational. That's what your ministry has done for me. I too had a sticky-tape camo job on my Rem 870 home brew turkey gun. Since I am the President of the "Order of the Blue Snood" here in Washington State, I felt it was time to give ol' Mister Remmy a makeover. A visit to the local Fred Meyer store and $28 bucks later I was spraying my way to the coolest do-it-yourself bubba gun I've ever done. (OK, it was only my second.) I will be proud when I address my brethren on opening day. I will jump with glee when asked to show the game officer my gun for 3 shell compliance. I feel like a kid again. I just wish I had more stuff to paint.

Mon Apr 06, 11:25:00 PM 2009

Delete
Blogger shaman said...

I'm glad I was able to light the way for thee. Send pictures of Mister Remmy, and I'll post them.

How does one apply for entry into the Order of the Blue Snood. I'm interested.

Sign the guestbook, become a follower or something so I know who you are. You sound like my kind of guy.

Write soon. Write often.


Well, Mister Anonymous has finally revealed himself, and sent along some pics:

Mr. Anonymous here. A couple of pictures for your review. This was totally an ‘impulse project’. Took me 30 minutes start-to-finish. So I don’t expect kudos for quality. All proof of concept. The stock is Remington brand camo composite. I wanted to see if I could make it ‘blend’ in. The thing I like about this home-brew approach is that you can update and modify the camo scheme on the fly. The season opens 4/15 here in WA. Terrain and conditions can vary significantly so I figure I would refine my artwork based on stuff on find in the field. (snow, mountain willow, pine, dead cattle parts, etc.)


Oh, BTW… by executive order you are hereby declared a member of the ‘Order of the Blue Snood’. Dues are only $0.25 a year but I waived those due to your celebrity status.








Blogger shaman said...


THANKS! That is a great match job. It shows you don't have to be all that elaborate to do a good job. It blends very well with the factory camo.

The first paint job I saw was just round splotches with the drips and runs left on.

I am honored to be a member of the Order. I have pinned the blue snood ornament to my glasses as you suggested. My wife says it makes me look very distinguished.

Write soon. Write often.

No comments: