Wednesday, November 21, 2007

from the 24HourCampfire.Com

whitkid22

New Member
Registered: 11/20/07
Posts: 2
>Hi Shaman,
I appreciate your kind words of advice. I can now see how overly complicated I can make this. I also appreciate the baking soda tip. I used to hunt as a kid only without a gun. I would follow deer around. I had a beautiful doe come up to me this year and I passed on the shot. I guess the calls intrigue me. The idea of watching does in their habitat. I will not lie, I would like to get a nice buck.

Thanks for your time. Whit


Two thoughts: The first is that if you're just getting started, bagging a doe is not such a bad idea. I held off several years, passing on a does almost every time I went out, because I wanted a buck. Then I accidentally nailed a doe (long story) and found that it helped settle down my hunting game. It seriously de-mystified the process.

On the other hand, just remember: Even if it all goes well, you've still got a dead deer on your hands and the rest of your life ahead of you. Pick your shots accordingly.

Here's a link to what I do with the baking soda:

Cover Scents

One other thing: Most of what you read is intended to get you to buy something. However, very little of what I've bought over the years has actually done anything to enhance my hunting experience. There is no replacement for solid scouting. If you are able to find the deer and learn their habits, the rest comes nearly as an afterthought.


Write soon. Write often. Best of luck.
_________________________

No comments: