Saturday, October 31, 2009

How is the change from DST going to affect the deer?

Dang! I'm missing all those threads about "How is the change from DST going to affect the deer?" I always howl when I find one of them.

Occasionally I get the devil in me and start posting stuff about how the deer get confused and start getting up in the middle of the night and it throws off the rut and the bucks keel over out of all the frustration, 'cause the doe is staying in her bed and they're always late getting out into the field in the evening and it makes them get thin, missing meals and all-- you'd be surprised how many guys bite.

. . . but then I've got folks riled up over "Disney on Ice." I think it's terrible that they cart Walt's frozen carcass around to cities and then make people pay to see it. Folks tell me it's an ice pagent-- like Holiday on Ice, but that makes it even worse-- something so gruesome mixed in with what's supposed to be such wholesome family entertainment.

No comments: