Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shamanic Gum Pt II

From the 24hourcampfire.com

Shamanic Gum PT II


"Funny," said the fellow, with the goat. "I've never seen a goat spit anything out."

"Is there a problem?" asked the shaman. As he turned to see what was going on, several wads of gum came out of campers mouths and flew into the fire.

"Problem?" said the fellow. "No, not a problem. I just think it's funny that my goat just spit up his gum."

"He doesn't hunt deer, does he?" asked the shaman.

"No," said the fellow. "He just comes along for the company."

"But you like the gum." said the shaman. "Right?"

"Oh," said the fellow. "Fine by me. I don't have much of a sense of taste or smell. "

"Would you be interested in becoming a member of my pro staff?"

"Sure." said the fellow. "What do you want me to do?"

"Just use my special shamanic gum," said the shaman, "And then tell how successful you are."

"I'm not very successful." said the guy.

"You've killed deer, haven't you?"

"Why, yes. Is that a requisite of the job?"

"I'd think so." said the shaman.

"Oh, certainly. Yes, I have. I kill one every few years."

"Good." said the shaman. "Then you can tell how much your hunting success improves when using my gum."

"Oh," said the fellow. "You mean killing deer while hunting?"

"I'd think so." said the shaman. "Is there a problem?"

"Well," said the fellow. "I'm actually a benchrest shooter. That's why I'm on here. I just deer hunt so my goat and I can have quality time together. I've never actually shot a deer."

"Never?"

"No." said the fellow. "I'm learning though."

"How long have you been at it?"

"Fifteen years."

"Oh." said the shaman dejectedly. "But you said you killed deer every few years. How's that?"

"I hit them with my pickup. About every couple of years, I total the truck hitting deer. Do you think the gum will improve my chances?"

"Roll down the window." said a camper that wished to remain anonymous. "No deer will come near this stuff!"

The shaman whirled around, but no one would meet his gaze.


No comments: